Teach Heavy Equipment operations safely and affordably with Simlog’s 10 PC-based Personal Simulators for Construction, Mining and Forestry. Each simulator leverages the power of today’s off-the-shelf (Windows) PCs to finally provide truly cost-effective help for training heavy equipment operators. Chose the USB-ready replica controls or the OEM Industrial Chair option and you can begin training in minutes!
Add Simulation Manager software to track each students results and competencies as they progress through the training.
With Simlog, your students will be learning the right way to do things, thanks to “best practices” input from our OEM partners and training professionals just like you. So you’ll find the right kind of simulated tasks, the right kind of task progression, and the right way of evaluating the simulated work.
The fact is, we can help improve your bottom line, in the following ways:
- With Simlog help, you can give everyone the same training opportunity, but still carefully pre-screen for operator potential using your own simulator-based benchmarks. (Studies show that up to 30% of trainees don’t have enough “aptitude” to become really proficient once training ends.)
- Help your trainees better understand operating concepts by demonstrating them, instead of just explaining.
- Help trainees “in difficulty” to meet your same training objectives by allocating to them more simulator time. In this way, you can be sure that everyone will be ready for subsequent training in the field.
- Make the training at the controls of your heavy equipment safer. How? By providing a “virtual seat” for the drill-and-practice needed to acquire the necessary muscle memory and gain self-confidence. Remember too that fewer mistakes in the field means less wear-and-tear on your iron, since the “accidents” now happen on the simulator.
- Thanks to the simulator-based preparation, your students will reach their performance targets sooner at the controls of your heavy equipment. As a result, you’ll now “find” time to teach them more advanced techniques without increasing your seat-time hours.
- Simlog’s software lets you change certain parameters to make the simulated equipment better mimic your equipment, to improve what’s called “training transfer”. But at some customer sites, trainers are also making the simulated equipment better mimic equipment that they don’t have, to let students get ready for equipment that they’ll likely encounter as operators.
- Finally, with improved skills, your graduates will be more employable, and the reputation of your training program is increased. And that means more applicants for your next class.