The "Personal Simulator" Pioneer
Simlog was founded in 1999 to commercialize training simulation technology developed at CRIM, one of Canada's leading research institutes in information technologies. (The company name is a contraction of "SIMulation" and "LOGiciel", the French word for software.) Since then, we've been pioneering a new kind of simulator product we call Personal Simulator that leverages the power of off-the-shelf (Windows) PCs.
The World-Wide Standard in Cost-Effective Simulation Today, Simlog is the standard in cost-effective simulation, with a growing number of customers and Value Added Resellers in 64 countries around the world having trained half a million people
At Simlog, each Personal Simulator is carefully developed in collaboration with training professionals, leading OEMs, their dealers, and owner/operators to ensure that the right tasks are simulated and that for each one, the simulated work is measured in the right way. Here we list just some of the benefits of choosing our products.
- Instructional designs that take into account operator training standards as defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the National (USA) Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), and the National (USA) Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- Simulation Modules that introduce key elements one at a time, from controls familiarization to the complete control of the simulated equipment at work.
- Comprehensive Performance Indicators that measure the quality and productivity of the work performed.
- Automatic performance tracking that allows trainees to work at their own pace without the need for trainer supervision.
- A training framework that is flexible. New operators proceed from one module to the next when performance is satisfactory, but experienced operators looking to refresh or upgrade their skills can instead jump right to more advanced modules. In all cases, you'll be working to your own simulation benchmarks.
- Many cost-effective setup options, ranging from simple Table-Top Mounting arrangements to Simlog's Operator Chairs.
- Simulator controls that are USB (so easy to connect to your computer), OEM-neutral, and multi-purpose. Practically, this means that the very same levers, joysticks, steering wheels, pedals, etc. can be used with many Simlog products.
- Purchasing a software license means paying a one time fee, with no ongoing maintenance charges.
- We have products for more kinds of heavy equipment than any other simulator company, world-wide, in forestry, mining, construction, and material handling. Indeed, by working in multiple industries, we gain special insights into operator training challenges, to make our products even better.
Heavy Equipment Simulators Visit SIMLOG